Electronics & Technology
Equal parts science and art, Amateur Radio gives technical minded operators like you a license to create. Our Electronics and Technology path will help you build your knowledge and skills, so you can safely experiment. Topics covered include everything from antenna, circuit, and station construction to digital signal processing, addressing interference, and bouncing signals off the moon.
On the Air
Master the basics of getting on the air, communicating with others, and exploring radio operating activities.
- Making your first radio contact
- Having fun with radiosport and contesting
- Communicating via satellites and talking to astronauts
- Outdoor radio operating from parks, summits, and on the go
- Digital modes and networks
Learn how to serve your community during emergencies and disasters, and provide support for local events:
- Ham radio’s role during emergencies and disasters
- How to get involved with public service
- Basic operating techniques
- EC certification courses EC-001, EC-016, PR-101
Start here to make amateur radio your own.
Whether it’s building antennas, assisting others in an emergency, or connecting with people across the globe, amateur radio has something for everyone. So get ready to find your thing, at your own pace: join the ARRL Learning Center.