About the ARRL Learning Center
Whether you're just starting out or are looking to take your skills to the next level, the ARRL Learning Center is here to keep your amateur radio adventure going. We help you get the most out of your license, putting more than 105 years of expertise online and at your fingertips, so that you can get the comprehensive, high-quality training and information you need, whenever you want, wherever you are.
Make amateur radio your own.
Select a feature below.
Access courses on your computer, tablet, or phone from wherever you are.
Courses cover everything from the basics to advanced electronics.
Course presentations, videos and assessments are supported by printable charts, infographics, and links for further reading.
Take courses on your own schedule and at your own speed.
What do you want to do with Amateur Radio?
Choose your own adventure! The ARRL Learning Center organizes its course content around learning paths, making it easy to navigate and explore the field. Select the path that interests you most to get started.
On the Air
Master the basics of getting on the air, communicating with others, and exploring radio operating activities.
- Making your first radio contact
- Having fun with radiosport and contesting
- Communicating via satellites and talking to astronauts
- Outdoor radio operating from parks, summits, and on the go
- Digital modes and networks
Learn how to serve your community during emergencies and disasters, and provide support for local events:
- Ham radio’s role during emergencies and disasters
- How to get involved with public service
- Basic operating techniques
- EC certification courses EC-001, EC-016, PR-101
Electronics & Technology
Develop your technical skills and improve your understanding of how-radio-works:
- Basic radio concepts, including setting up your station
- Building antennas
- Understanding electronics and components
- Grounding & bonding techniques
- Kit building